So the idea was born..... Well MY idea of the way the trip was going to go was that we were going to go to a nice KOA campground. Showers, grass, running water etc.. especially since myself and one other person has really ever camped before.. when I found out that were were staying at a camp ground with NO running water, NO bathrooms or showers and NO electricity I was shocked and a little worried myself. When I told Scott about our grand idea his exact words were" Good luck with that" laughing might I add. We get everything organized. Erika booked the camp sites and were ready to roll... this is when I got alittle more nervous. I told the girls I picked up the Starbucks viva packets for coffee in the AM and one of them asked me how was I going to boil water for it.. I looked at her and said "do you think we are hunting for our food too" we have a stove and BBQ ... we can BOIL the water" I began to wonder what we were in for.
We met at the school and with 6 SUV's packed full to the brim, 13 kids,13 bikes,1 BBQ,1 stove and propane to last us for a month and firewood that lasted us 1 night. We looked as tho were were camping for a week,when were were only staying 2 nights(if we make it 2 nights)
So we head off to Lake kachesse.. close by just in case we have to leave in the middle of the night.
We head to our destination far in the wood and got to our site in the middle of the friggin woods.. The tents went up pretty fast except for this dumb 2 man tent that took us an hour to figure out. How is it that three 8 man tents and two 4 man go up in 10 mins and it takes over an hour to get a dumb 2 man tent up... The fire is set and the Margarita's are being made..(strong ones might I add....thanks Kirsten) We are all pretty impressed with ourselves.
The funniest thing was when I showed Kaitlyn where the outhouse was and she looked at me like I was crazy.. she said that she was not going to go in there "that's disgusting" were her words. I told her her only other option was to go in the woods. she looked as me like I was crazy.. so she goes in the outhouse with her nose plugged.. I don't think I have ever seen somebody pee so fast.. Well I might have her beat and I took her nose plug idea for myself... It is pretty gross.I so wished I had a picture of it...
All of the crap!


you guys are brave...that's a lot of kids out in the middle of no where!!! how fun though, I think I might have to get that margarita recipe ;)
ReplyDeleteI was in shock when Kirsten said you guys were camping at Lake Kachesse! I thought what the heck...there's no toliets or running water there. Are you guys NUTS!! I knew you guys were in for it especially since Kirsten was bringing her famous margaritas! But look at all the fun you all had!! :)
ReplyDeleteso fun to see the pics again! I can't wait to go back! Whoever took the pic of Sue, Erika and Michele 'after a few of Kirsten's margherita's' must have had a few herself, since the picture is mostly of the sky and barely got their heads!!
ReplyDelete