Monday, May 3, 2010

Disneyland 2010

What to say..what to say... To start with "Thankfully" our trip was rescheduled from spring break because there were absolutely no crowds..Well, at least Tues and Wed there was nobody there... which meant going on the same rides over and over again... I don't think I could handle another upside down roller coaster. I think we went on the dumb ride at least 7 times a day... I'm not sure who actually liked the ride more Brayden or Kailtyn.. But in the pictures it sure looks like Kailtyn was terrified, but she kept going back for more. I will say I don't know if we are a Disneyland kind of family. The kids enjoyed themselves but all in all they went on the same rides over and over again which were about 10 rides all together... that was including California adventure. So paying that kind of money seemed kind of silly for 10 rides. They had no desire to go on anything less adventurous...

On Thursday, we decided to take the day off and venture out to the beaches. Lagunna,,Newport and Huntington beach were so pretty. It made me want to move down there. It was so nice to read a book while sitting on the beach and the kids played in the sand. It was heaven until the dumb wind storm kicked in... I swear it felt like a mild hurricane.

Friday came too soon and it was our last day at the park. The crowds defiantly showed up then... I wondered if people even worked on Friday it seemed like half of California was there. The kids had the patience of a 2 year old and didn't want to have anything to do with any kind ride that was longer than a 10 min wait .. So that meant we pretty much walked and walked...and got the same fast passes.. we decided to just go back to the hotel and take advantage of the pool and come back later in the evening...

That evening we came back to check out the firework show @ Disneyland... that was an adventure in itself.. Kailtyn was so tired and didn't even make it basically fell asleep while I was holding her and Brayden was on his last leg as well.. After finding a good spot to watch, the swarm of people were coming from all sides. About 10 Min's into the show Scott turned around and looked behind us and saw that there were literally thousands of people... If you know Scott he doesn't do crowds very well... I think he was about to have a panic attack and said" we have to get the Hell out of here!" as we were walking out I was shocked myself by how many people were actually behind us..(I mean thousands) it would have been a nightmare leaving with everybody....

All in all. it was a nice 5 days with the fam. But I can say "be there, done that,and never again!"

I can check that one off our list.

1 comment: